Are you struggling to find your true identity and purpose while living in the shadow of a powerful parental figure (or overbearing society that constantly positions itself as the know-it-all parent)?
Welcome to We Are Already Free, the podcast that sparks your inner guide to break free from internal and external limitations. I’m Nathan Maingard, your host, bringing you authentic conversations with edge-walkers who defy societal norms simply by living their rooted truth. Together, let’s shake off limiting beliefs and embrace the freedom within, empowering you to transform your life and deeply connect with yourself and the world. Let the transformation begin!
In this must-listen episode of the We Are Already Free podcast, I dive deep with Daniel Maté:
Daniel Maté is a Vancouver-born, Brooklyn-based author, composer-lyricist, podcaster, and self-described “mental chiropractor”. With his father Dr. Gabor Maté he co-authored the NYT Bestselling book The Myth of Normal: Trauma, Illness, and Healing in a Toxic Culture. His theatre songwriting has received the prestigious Edward Kleban Prize, an ASCAP Cole Porter Award, and the Jonathan Larson Grant. He co-hosts the lyric appreciation podcast “LET’S GET LYRICAL with Carice and Daniel”, along with Carice van Houten of Game of Thrones fame. His popular mental chiropractic service “Take A Walk With Daniel” helps people all over the world get unstuck by means of a quick and potent re-alignment of perspective while walking.
In this raw and intimate conversation, Daniel shares his journey of self-discovery, the impact of having a prominent father, and how he has navigated the complexities of their relationship, the challenges of finding personal sovereignty, and healing in the face of expectations and societal pressures.
Some of the topics we cover are:
- Breaking Free from the Shadow of a Powerful Parent
- The Power of Vulnerability: How Authentic Connections Lead to Personal Growth
- The Art of Mental Chiropractic: Transforming Lives with a Change in Perspective
- The Making of “The Myth of Normal”: How Daniel and Gabor Maté Tackled Trauma, Illness, and Healing in a Toxic Culture
- Listen to the end to hear the story of how an unexpected imprisonment supported Daniel’s journey towards finding freedom in the most challenging circumstances.
If you’ve ever felt the weight of expectations from a strong parent figure (or society), or struggled to break free from the shadows to claim your own identity, this episode is for you. Tune in now and embark on a journey of self-discovery, healing, and liberation with Daniel Maté.
Links and things:
- Connect with Daniel
- Daniel Maté Official Website: https://www.danielmate.com/
- Walk With Daniel: https://www.walkwithdaniel.com/
- Daniel Maté on Instagram: https://instagram.com/danielbmate
- “The Myth of Normal” by Daniel Maté and Dr. Gabor Maté
- “Man’s Search for Meaning” by Viktor Frankl
- “The Wisdom of Trauma” featuring Dr. Gabor Maté
Become a member on Patreon for bonuses, shoutouts, and more:
This is a community-supported creation. Plus, patrons get goodies 🙂
- access BONUS conversations with Daniel Maté and other guests
- get a shoutout on the podcast
- enjoy sneak previews of unreleased songs, poems, and more…
- support the ongoing production of the podcast
- meet and chat with other podcast listeners around the world in a private online commnunity
- more patrons = less ads
Join the tribe, access the goodies and support the podcast…all at https://alreadyfree.me/patreon
Support yourself, the planet, and this podcast:
- Heal yourself while supporting the sovereignty of indigenous peoples at https://alreadyfree.me/fourvisionsmarket (use discount code ALREADYFREE for 10% off your first purchase) (affiliate link).
- Book a free 1:1 discovery session to overcome self-sabotage, fear, powerlessness, lack of purpose, or anything else holding you back from living your truth.
- Join the Tribe, as mentioned above
Connect with me and leave a review:
- Leave a review to help others find the podcast (and make me smile all the way through)
- Chat with me on Instagram
- Chat with me on Telegram
Thank you to our sponsor, Zencastr:
Go to https://zen.ai/zenwearealreadyfree and use WEAREALREADYFREE to save 30% off your first three months of Zencastr professional. #madeonzencastr
Thank you for being here, see you next week!