Are you tired of feeling misunderstood, disconnected, and longing for deeper connections with the men in your life? In today’s episode of We Are Already Free, we’re diving deep into a powerful conversation with Connor Beaton, founder of ManTalks, about the importance of vulnerability, creating meaningful male communities, and embracing our shadows. This episode is perfect for men and women who want to better understand how to foster authentic relationships and support the men in their lives on their journey to self-discovery. Join us as we explore these transformative topics and provide you with practical tools and insights to help you break free from limiting beliefs and create the connections you’ve always craved.
Welcome to We Are Already Free, the podcast that sparks your inner guide to break free from internal and external limitations. I’m Nathan Maingard, your host, bringing you authentic conversations with edge-walkers who defy societal norms simply by living their rooted truth. Together, let’s shake off limiting beliefs and embrace the freedom within, empowering you to transform your life and deeply connect with yourself and the world. Let the transformation begin!
Today’s guest, Connor Beaton is the founder of ManTalks, an international organisation focused on men’s wellness, success, and fulfilment. He is a coach, facilitator, teacher, podcast host and speaker helping men from all over the world find purpose, healthy love, a joy-filled life, and fulfilling sexual connection. His teachings draw from an in depth apprenticeship in Jungian psychology, Gestalt, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, and both Buddhist and Taoist traditions. Connor has a no-BS approach coupled with compassionate understanding of our own human limitations. He has coached thousands of men through private coaching, group work, workshops, retreats and masterminds, and has shared the stage with world class speakers like Gary Vaynerchuk, Lewis Howes, Danielle LaPorte, and many more.
Links to Connor Beaton and ManTalks:
- Mantalks Book: affiliate link for amazon (so I get a bit of $ at no cost to you) or direct link to choose your store
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mantalks
- Website: https://mantalks.com
- Mantalks podcast: https://mantalks.com/podcast
Listen to this episode to:
- Discover the truth about male vulnerability and why it’s so important to address it.
- Learn how to embrace wholeness and overcome the inner civil war that holds you back.
- Gain insight practical tools and strategies for men’s personal development (and how women can support men on this path).
- Illuminate why the power of radical transparency is so important in connecting with others.
- Listen to the end to hear Connor share his thoughts on “We Are Already Free”…and how it relates to the journey towards authenticity and personal growth, providing a powerful perspective that will leave you inspired and motivated to take action.
Topics and Timestamps, oh my:
- [00:05:35] How Connor’s life imploded and changed after rock bottom, with help of mentor.
- [00:09:30] Training a gentle, massive Rottweiler named Zeus (awwww).
- [00:10:34] Living with fear at an edge to discover limitations and build relationships with shadow parts.
- [00:13:10] Life lessons from breakdowns; don’t waste a good heart attack; anxiety is oftentimes just excitement coded as negative; life experience can teach us what we need, even if we don’t know it.
- [00:15:45] Essential ingredients for men: competency, vulnerability, awe and wonder.
- [00:21:57] Women can help men heal wounds and mistrust of masculinity, and encourage them to form strong, healthy relationships with other men.
- [00:28:36] Man needs self-development and challenge, with camaraderie and radical transparency.
- [00:34:27] Book launched, sold thousands of copies, men sharing and discussing it, couple’s workshop and men’s weekends offered.
- [00:35:48] Journey to wholeness for freedom; accepting parts of self; inner peace instead of perfection.
Become a member on Patreon for bonuses, shoutouts, and more:
This is a community-supported creation, thank you for making it possible. Plus, patrons get goodies!
- access a powerful BONUS conversation with Connor Beaton (and other guests)
- get a shoutout on the podcast
- support the ongoing production of the podcast
- meet and chat with other podcast listeners around the world in a private online commnunity
- more patrons = less ads
Join the tribe, access the goodies and support the podcast at https://alreadyfree.me/patreon
Support yourself, the planet, and this podcast:
(these are affiliate links for companies I use and love. You don’t pay any extra, and I get a little kickback. Thank you)
- Heal yourself while supporting the sovereignty of indigenous peoples (use discount code ALREADYFREE for 10% off your first purchase).
- Buy a Pro Kettlebell, my new favourite tool for strength, stamina, and overall resiliency training.
- Use this podcast’s sponsor Zencastr to create your own amazing podcast! Enter WEAREALREADYFREE to save 30% off your first three months of Zencastr Professional #madeonzencastr.
CONNECT AND REVIEW:
- Leave a review to help others find the podcast (and make me smile all the way through)
- Chat with me on Instagram
- Chat with me on Telegram
It’s been a pleasure.
See you next week, dear wanderer…