Have you been feeling heavy with all the intensity going on in the world today? Good news! That’s what we’ll help you with on this week’s episode with Lily Zepeda, where you’ll receive a big fat injection of laughter, joy, and deeply healing, rooted humour.
Lily Zepeda is a certified trauma-informed yoga instructor & Plant Medicine Integration specialist with over 10 years of experience leading workshops, retreats and working with Master Coaches. She combines her training at the Ecology of Shamanism school with her experience in inner-child work, Somatics and Polyvagal Theory Foundations. Lily specializes in helping others to inner-stand their bodies, nervous system regulation and sacred medicine healing journeys. She believes that plant medicine’s profound healing experiences do not end with the ceremony, and her integration coaching allows clients to unify the visions, messages, and epiphanies from the experience into their day-to-day life.
Join The Tribe:
You’re invited to become a member of the We Are Already Free tribe to:
- access bonus conversations with podcast guests
- share questions for upcoming guests
- take the 5 Day Morning Practice Challenge to empower your day
- meet and chat with other podcast listeners around the world
- keep the podcast AD FREE by supporting it yourself!
Join the tribe at https://alreadyfree.me/jointhetribe
Support yourself, the planet, and this podcast:
- DOWNLOAD A FREE GUIDED BREATHWORK MEDITATION to rediscover the present moment.
- Heal yourself while supporting the sovereignty of indigenous peoples at https://alreadyfree.me/fourvisionsmarket (use discount code ALREADYFREE for 10% off your first purchase) (affiliate link).
- Sign up for the 5 Day Morning Practice Challenge to take control of your life!
- Book a free 1:1 discovery session to overcome self-sabotage, fear, powerlessness, lack of purpose, or anything else holding you back from living your truth.
- DONATE: give a gift of thanks to support the We Are Already Free message.
- Join the Tribe, as mentioned above 😉
Connect with me and leave a review:
- Leave a review to celebrate and support the podcast
- Send me a voicenote/message on Instagram
- Send me a voicenote/message on Telegram
06:14 What the world would be like if people took themselves less seriously
07:51 Humour as a way to stay in touch with the inner child
08:42 Making the ordinary extraordinary with playfullness
11:48 Zoom out to get perspective
12:08 How Nathan won partner of the week
13:42 Using humour to change the world – How Lily made the documentary Mr Toilet, the number two man
19:48 How the last few years have impacted Lily and what she thinks is going on now
21:37 How the lockdowns helped true colours to be seen
26:37 Yes, the gaslighting is real
28:37 The things we CAN do
30:22 Why it’s so important to care for the temple of your heart
31:17 Sharing about the intimate and powerful plant medicine immersion retreats Lily hosts
35:37 Why integration is the missing piece for so many retreats, plant medicine journeys and transformational experiences
38:39 Why it’s so hard to integrate transformational experiences in certain places
44:28 Why severe anxiety might actually be the inner child asking for attention
46:37 How to BE a creator in a world of job titles
47:37 Why it’s so important to balance the masculine and feminine approaches to the things we do
50:05 How Nathan insecurities have driven his DOING…and how ice baths are teaching him what BEING feels like
56:17 Why the ‘story of aloneness’ is a crap story
58:54 A reminder that the hero’s journey is about sharing the gifts with others by embodying them
1:01:14 Why it’s normal to resist the call to transformation
1:02:25 Why We Are Already Free has become so important to Lily over the last few years
Links & Things from this Episode:
- Lily Zepeda on Instagram
- Lily’s Website
- Lily’s mentor Taheera Ma’at on the podcast
- Pete Holmes – it makes no f*ing sense
- VIDEO: Mr Toilet, The World’s #2 Man documentary
- VIDEO: Squatty Potty ad
- VIDEO: Poo Pourri ad
- Amber of Mythic Medicine podcast episode
- BOOK: The Beauty Myth – Naomi Wolf
- Joseph Campbell – The Hero with a thousand faces
I hope you enjoyed this podcast episode!
Thanks again to Lily Zepeda, and see you next week